From camping to cabin rentals, Big Rock Creek is your year-round destination for a weekend getaway. Nestled back in the St. Croix River Valley there is a hidden 1000 acres that we call home. Not just our home, but your home for the weekend for your family and friends to enjoy. It is a place to get out, stretch your legs, explore, relax, indulge in the rich history, and create lasting memories. It is a perfect place for a family reunion, weekend BBQ, or a group retreat.
We have a few popular lodging options to fit your needs (with more coming soon!) Be sure to plan in advance because these will book up quickly. I mean mid-westerns love every excuse to pack up the house and get outside in the short months we call summer 🙂
“We stayed in a little cabin by the water for a night, and it was absolutely lovely. A beautiful modern kitchen and bathroom, but the place was also very rustic. My favorite part was the back deck. I could spend hours out there! – Abby Day
Our cabins are rich in history and are some of the original cabins from the more than 100-year-old property. They are updated to modern day conveniences but still leave you with a hint of history and country charm. Just the way a cabin should be. From the drive down along the wooded creek side, the smell of the forest and the pines to the wood burning fireplaces, you will wish that your stay was longer than you originally planned!
The three cabins at Big Rock Creek are all situated around The Lake and will provide hours of fun from swimming, kayaking, canoeing, to trout fishing or just a beautiful place to pull up a lounge chair, sip a glass of wine (or some really great water from our natural spring) and have a campfire.
Whatever you want with your weekend getaway, Big Rock Creek can offer just what you need for an unforgettable experience that will leave you refreshed and rejuvenated.
Besides the beautiful cabins and acres of property for you to explore, we also have some fun add-on features for your stay including:
- Wagon Rides- Let our staff bring you and your guests for the tour of the estate on a tractor pulled wagon.
- Ranger Rentals- Rent one of our rangers and take a friendly stroll down our manicured trails back to the lotus pond or perhaps grab a 360 panoramic view of the St. Croix Valley from the family picnic area.
- Trout Fishing in our very own trout pond located just steps from our cabins.
- Kayaking/Canoeing– Complimentary with your stay
- Nature Walks through our forested property are complimentary. The only price you pay is an open mind and maybe a new set of binoculars that you might want to pack. Grab a map and indulge yourself in the nature at hand and the history surrounding you!
- Pontoon Rental- We are located just a hop, skip, and jump from the St. Croix River. Take one of our pontoons out for a day to see the beauty from the river.
So… Who is ready for a weekend getaway close to home?
This is a beautiful facility in and even more gorgeous landscape! Our family has attended two events at BRC and had a wonderful experience both times. The family is extraordinarily accommodating and fun, we can’t wait to get back. Not a very far drive from the Twin Cities but you feel like you’re in another world, very cool place. – Kurt Rasmusson